OP
OP
Shanel

Shanel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm noticing you kept the thin boarding for the back of the cabinet. Are you having any heat related issues due to the chiller be enclosed in the space?
I have a temp sensor in the cabinet to control the fan above the chiller. The chiller really doesn't run very often yet. I have my lights turned down while im cycling the tank. I have slowly started to increase the intensity of the lights. I'm suspecting when i get the light to the intensity I want, it will start heating the water and the chiller will run more. The chiller I have actually blows the air towards the cabinet door. I don't think it will be an issue for me. If your chiller blows air towards the rear, may i suggest putting a fan on the back where the air blows to keep the temp down.

Bhuddafunk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a temp sensor in the cabinet to control the fan above the chiller. The chiller really doesn't run very often yet. I have my lights turned down while im cycling the tank. I have slowly started to increase the intensity of the lights. I'm suspecting when i get the light to the intensity I want, it will start heating the water and the chiller will run more. The chiller I have actually blows the air towards the cabinet door. I don't think it will be an issue for me. If your chiller blows air towards the rear, may i suggest putting a fan on the back where the air blows to keep the temp down.
Thanks for the advice.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome attention to detail and design.

I am thinking of getting back in the hobby after a break and was looking at the S-1000. I am curious, how are you liking the overall tank so far and would you recommend it?

Second topic, for your ATO. Do you have the optical sensors to turn on ATO fill when it reaches the bottom sensor and then stop at the top sensor and using a FMM module? If you are, can you share the Neptune code, believing it would be similar to a latch circuit.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excellent engineering brother! You must be single. No way my wife would let me have another tank after a leak like that. You have some big cohones getting another RedSea. I assume that you blame the move stress on the leak.

NXE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't really like the idea of having 6 power bricks for the kessil lights so i got 2 adjustable power supplies. I set them to 19.5v I aslo fused each one of them to the rating of the power supply. Installed everything on the top underneath of the cabinet.

20230528_122225.jpg
This looks great. I did something very similar on my S1000 using Meanwell power supplies.

I have a few wires and hoses to secure. I also need to run some outlets in the sump cabinet for some in sump reactors. This is the point of the build I'm at right now.

20230825_221413.jpg

20230825_221411.jpg

20230825_221407.jpg

20230825_221404.jpg

20230825_221321.jpg

20230825_221220.jpg
Looks awesome!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back