Reefer XL300 return pipe nozzle broke, need replacement ideas ASAP

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

The return pipe for my reefer XL300 has a nozzle at the start that my soft tubing is attached to. The nozzle broke off and separated from the part that threads into the hard plumbing. Anyone know what size threads are and if I’m able to find something to fix this at a hard water store or would I have to order this from Red Sea?

image.jpg image.jpg

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the read sea stuff is metric, you can fix this, but I'm not positive you can run to home depot/lowes and find an exact fit. Likely you'd need to cut off the broken end of the hard plumbing and glue/cement a standard "slip" adapter to the end and then get a barbed to slip connector for the soft tubing coming from your pump.

if the problem gods are feeling merciful that barbed to threaded connector is NPT threaded...

OP
OP
Tobias9413

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this nylon thread to barbed fitting at a local hardware store. Will nylon be able to hold the pressure of the return pump like pvc? The threaded part is 3/4 and it threads in fine but it has a very slight wiggle.

Attachments

• IMG_8068.png
    IMG_8068.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Tobias9413

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for anyone that ends up having this issue later on. The 3/4” thread worked great. I wrapped Teflon 3 times around the thread and had no leaks. I did have a leak on the barbed side though. I got the 5/8” barber and my vinyl tube was 5/8 but stretched out because of the previous barber fitting. I added a plastic clamp and was able to stop the leaking. Will update if I run into any other issues with leaks on this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back