Red Sea 450 - Overflow Drain Pipe Replacement

ClearwaterReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently purchased a used Red Sea 450 and when moving, I broke the end off of the main overflow drain where it sticks through the bottom of the glass. I asked if they could be removed and the guy said they couldn't. That's fine, maybe he didn't know, and I should have looked. Stuff happens. My question is there a way to replace this or create a new one that will go through and seal still? Looks to be a combination of an oddball metric double threaded piece of pipe which I can already tell you I didn't see anything that would work at my Big Orange box store. Any suggestions on this would be very appreciated. I would be open to ordering a replacement from Red Sea but there's not a part number on the pipe and I'm not sure if they still sell parts for the 450.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think you need to post pictures of what you are trying to fix as if the hole is close enough in size to a bulkhead you can use that . If it is in a overflow box you likely may be able to make a bulkhead out of gasket/o-ring and male female fittings.
So please try to post photo so members can help you.

OP
OP
C

ClearwaterReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics below. Probably would help lol. One pic is an example of the pipe that broke. I’m just not sure it’s the correct pipe and they have $50 for it and two weeks for shipping. If that is my only option, is what it is. If I can make something, I’m open to that too, just worried about leaks.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpeg
    IMG_0802.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0801.jpeg
    IMG_0801.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 15

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back