reefer xxl 750 stand question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if someone from Red Sea, or someone else who has one can help answer this question.

I've an order in for the Reefer xxl 750, and I planning on relocating the sump to the basement, which will require me to drill through my floor. I'm trying to figure out if I will have to drill an additional hole cut in it directly below where the return, overflow and emerg drain are located or if I can just not put the floorboard in (part A1 in the picture). Also, how are the floorboards (A1 and A2) in the sump compartment of a 750 attached to the stand? and are they required for the structural integrity of the stand when the tank is filled? I intend to keep A2. Looking at videos and pictures of the stand being built, it appears that it just freely sits in there, and could almost be slid out at any time. I did find the build pdf, (Link to instructions here) and it appears there are wooden pegs or something holding them in place to prevent them sliding out, though it still sits there letting gravity hold it in.
841666-a2aaa01775499027aa7956622eec1c47.jpg

Thank you for your help!

-Eric

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 9.25.55 PM.png

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just putA1 in and drill holes for where you need them? I have the 625XXL and the way they seem set up they are not a part of the structural integrity at least IMO

OP
OP
ESH

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's certainly an option, but would be easier to not use it if I didn't have to. My thoughts on this was since the board is laminated, the wood/material thats used could get exposed to water easier (sure, I could seal it with something) and If anything ever changes and I have to move, I can't predict if I'll be able to get a basement sump again and want the option of being able to go back to the original design. Ultimately, I'm just thinking through all my options here and get things planned out in advance.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad looking to the future and if things change you have a backup. Honestly I think it just holds the sump. How it’s put together maybe it keeps the bottom sturdy from any movement down there but like you said it only sits on top and only has pegs to keep it in place. Hopefully Red Sea chimes in or someone who knows for sure

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back