Reefer XXL 750 V3

BigWes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
18
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the journey begins.

Reminding myself to stay patient and take my time. Hoping to get this tank broke down and resealed in the next couple of weeks.

Google wasn’t lying when it said the tank alone is 550 pounds…it most definitely is

Will be getting a new light over the tank in the coming days so I can see what I’m working on.

20260928_113734_81371599-0B18-46C9-9006-BBBBADEE0BF2.png


(Don’t mind the scary garage)

Will update as the work progresses.
 
Following along!
 
Good luck with your build!
 
following.
I have cut them apart and rebuilt before, look at adding the eurobracing top and bottom as added insurance!!
I am looking for another complete leaker redsea. plans are to take it apart, take the glass to the local shop to cut it down to 14" and use the remains as eurobracing and build a matching Frag tank to my S1000
 
Following along. Best of luck to you! I hope you’ll add the euro bracing. Curious to see how that’s done. And if you can share, what silicone or adhesive will you use?
 
following.
I have cut them apart and rebuilt before, look at adding the eurobracing top and bottom as added insurance!!
I am looking for another complete leaker redsea. plans are to take it apart, take the glass to the local shop to cut it down to 14" and use the remains as eurobracing and build a matching Frag tank to my S1000
Plan on ordering some glass from a local shop to eurobrace. Hoping to get at least 1/2 inch ideally 3/4, haven’t contacted them yet.
 
Following along. Best of luck to you! I hope you’ll add the euro bracing. Curious to see how that’s done. And if you can share, what silicone or adhesive will you use?
I originally planned on Momentive RTV103, after some research I discovered that it cures almost a matte charcoal color. So I’m using ASI 509 for a shiny black finish with an adjustable 9:1 or 18:1 thrust caulking gun. (Assuming it’s going to be pretty thick silicone the 18:1 thrust will come in handy)

As for the eurobrace, I will probably order clear ASI silicone to try and make viewing less obstructed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new