Reefermike budget 150

Reefermike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2011
Messages
128
Reaction score
14
Location
Gulfport,ms
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don't post often here but have read a gazillion post. I have decided I can't pass on this deal. I may live to regret it . I currently have a 135 cubeish acrylic tank. It just takes too much room the stand ends up almost 4' x4'. And I will Never Ever have an acrylic tank again. I swear it scratches if I walk by it. I would also like a little more length . I got a killer deal on a 150 with a coast2coast overflow. Stand will just need to be skinned and doors . So a few questions befor I take delivery of this tank.

Return pump. If it is just that and not really responsible for water movement. How many gallons per hour through the sump. I plan to drill a couple of holes in the back I have ( 2 ) reeflo blow hole 1100 pressure pumps . I will run 1 ea on a sea swirl and have 2 hydor evo 1050 and 2 hydor evo 1400 . May not be enough but for now it will have to do.

I currently use a mag 9.5 for return. I am thinking about using 2 small internal pumps to go up to the return . Speaking of which this tank has ( 5 ) 1 1/2 holes across the back I would like to come out of the bulkhead and reduce downtown 3/4" if possible . I think for now return pump is the best place to start.
 
Awesome man and glad to have you posting!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new