Reefermikes 90 reef in the making

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i am going to break down my cube as i need a tank with a smaller footprint the tank we chose is a reef ready 90. I purchased a stand because lets face it i really dont have the time to put towards doing it right . That being said will post pics in a bit. i need some advice on a skimmer the current one i have will be just too big for a sump that will fit in the stand as it is 17 in front to back inside the stand. I want one that will handle a 90 heavly stocked . I was thinkin maybe an omega 150 but really hard to find reviews on it . the sump i will use is most likely an esshop 200. i will also be running a cadlight recirc biopellet reactor if that makes any difference . hope to get a lot of opinions on return pump as well as dosing pumps as i dont think i can fit my Ca Rx under the stand with an ato. Lights are a whole bunch of up in the air i have 2 DM155e reef radiance led but the really seem to be very purple so i was contemplating Radions but have a line on a Metis Hyperon R2 for a good price any ideas on these items i also like the kessil but really cant find anyone in my area that has them so i can see them 1st hand. I had a 400w halide radium 20k on my tank before the reef radiance led. ideas ,suggestions on equipment i guess the only firm commitment i have right now is the sump. Thanks for taking the time to read this long and unorganized post.
mike

OP
OP
R

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403994978.633373.jpg

This is stand

OP
OP
R

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a few items yesterday for the build

not really sure how this turns out but had to do something as i could not fit the gear i had on my cube the skimmer and sump are just too big so this is the route i went . Oh i also have a cadkight recirc biopellet reactor

OP
OP
R

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
next is a return pump . i have a mag 9.5 but think i will swap it and keep it for a spare. suggestions . i think i would like to run about 500 gal gph after headloss. key to everything is quite ehiem sicce or one of the dc pumps . . i dont really know a lot about them except they are pretty quite suggestions

OP
OP
R

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well picked some odds and ends up today a smart ato, hanna phosphate meter and a mag float. i have had these in the past most recently on my 130 ish acrylic cube i was not impressed one bit but perhaps glass is better . still need to determine a return pump . lfs recommends to keep the 9.5 and run them through a sterilizer. I was planning to get one anyways. most likely an aqua uv 25w not sure if its the right size but i am going all out on this build so there will be a uv sterilize on this one

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! The setup looks great! :thumb:

OP
OP
R

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to make some room in the sump . I want to run bio pellets and reactor would not fit so... Bigger sump
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413860982.311681.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back