reefers in so illinois

Dschwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am over 3 hours from you about an hour south and east of the Quad Cities near Wyoming, Illinois.
My closest LFS is an hour away. I might be contacting you for coral availability once I have my 90-gallon reef set up, cycled, and reasonably matured!

I was in Wyoming earlier in the year for a client!

Hello from Peoria!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy! It's cool that there's some STL/SOIL people here. Maybe one day I'll have something worthy of swapping. :) You guys have some great tanks.
Hah! I’ve got some major issues happening at the moment. Figured out I have a faulty reagent for my alk test kit. What I thought has been a steady 7.5-7.9 dKH has actually been dropping and is really reading at 5.9 dKH ;Wideyed

Do you have a tank running currently @StlSalt? Do you ever go to Seascape? They ran multiple tests on my water with their equipment vs mine to confirm my levels. Love them, they’re so helpful.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hah! I’ve got some major issues happening at the moment. Figured out I have a faulty reagent for my alk test kit. What I thought has been a steady 7.5-7.9 dKH has actually been dropping and is really reading at 5.9 dKH ;Wideyed

Do you have a tank running currently @StlSalt? Do you ever go to Seascape? They ran multiple tests on my water with their equipment vs mine to confirm my levels. Love them, they’re so helpful.
cup of ro water,table spoon of baking soda ,every other day ,watch alk and cal closely,should bump 1/2-3/4 dkh per dosing :)

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was in Wyoming earlier in the year for a client!

Hello from Peoria!
wow ,there really is reefers ,here,in the middle of nowhere,:cool::)

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cup of ro water,table spoon of baking soda ,every other day ,watch alk and cal closely,should bump 1/2-3/4 dkh per dosing :)
He sold me some seachem reef fusion part 2...said it will raise my alk only and bring my Ca and Mg back in line (they’re too high). I don’t know anything about it so I haven’t used it yet. I was hoping small water changes will fix it but he said it would take hundreds of gallons. I don’t trust myself to “dose” appropriately or consistently though.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no prob ..we got this,need to keep track of #'s almost daily ,to get this leveled out ,and running worry free,cal and alk ,check ph at same time of day every time you check ph :)

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually they get 90% of my money. Always very helpful, I take water samples up there once in awhile to make sure my results match theirs. I started a sulfer nitrator to reduce my nitrates, they were over 100 ppm, and my Alk got down to 6.1 DKH. Started dripping baking soda in RO water to bring it back up about .5 DKH a day. Here's my awesome dosing pump. My tank is in the mancave in the basement to I just hung it above my tank and adjusted the air valve to a drip per second.

IMG_2361.JPG

EDIT...Here's the calculator I used. https://www.ultimatereef.net/pages/alk_supplement/

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I view Speer more as a suburb to Tanner's Orchard :)
My home-place is about 4 miles south and 1 mile west of Tanner's Orchard. Now I live 1 mile north and 2 miles west of Tanner's. I am quite familiar with the rush-hour traffic to Tanner's in the fall!

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi guys/gals.. :) nice too see this thread moving again..:cool:

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since a post in here... I'm throwing out a bucket of chaeto soon, anyone interested send me a message and its yours. Locations is O'Fallon IL.
IMG_20210725_122640.jpg
MVIMG_20210725_122632.jpg

Back