Reefers in the 518...ny

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals! Looking for some feed back. How many of us are out here and how many of you are interested im starting a more localized reef club?
If we can get enough interest it would be nice to arrange a few frag swaps , meet and greets or just get together with people that actually want to talk about our hobby!
I know id be willing to host one (as long as u ignore the aptasia :p ) and im sure some others would as well!

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be super interested as long as we can keep it low key.
nothing official, no boards, dues membership, anything like that.
I'd be happy with just a presence here, and maybe a facebook group

but yeah, I'm all in...
@reef lover I need to get up to your place in the near future at some point. get some of that fancy Xenia from you....

aptasia? we should look into maybe getting some berghia, I want some, but the price always seems high. maybe we can knock shipping down a ***.

OP
OP
reef lover

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods got it in the works now!;Nailbitingo_O:D
And i spent big money on them this spring...funny thing is they wiped them out in the 120 which is wrasse dominated and didn't do nothing in the nem tank that just has clowns and a pair of firefish!! Go figure!

Edit...yes i got xenia let me know when i can meet you!

OP
OP
reef lover

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And so were all on the same page ....no dues just reefing and fun!
Id say when someone hosts we all bring something to munch and save them housework and show our appreciation for having us.

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed.
What works for you? I’ll be up in q-bury Friday eve and can meet you somewhere if that works. Or possibly one day after work I can swing up.

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it sounds like an awesome idea, so is this our official page or is crabs creating the “518 reefers” page

OP
OP
reef lover

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theyre working on our own sub forum yay!!
Friday might work! Ill confirm with you a lil later in the week....kids like to pop last minute crap on me !! Lol

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is sweet, if we spread the word I think we can certainly get a good group on here

Mhalko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not exactly local coming from Camillus or Syracuse area but I’d be willing to drive down for a little meet up. This hobby can make me feel like I’d drive to California for some coral sometimes. I don’t have much to offer as I’m only 18 and just starting out in salt water but I would love to meet people who have experience and way more knowledge that I can soak up.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SouthCentral NY here, Hellmira (Elmira) to be exact. Always running to Rochester or Albany for gear and what not so would be nice to start a small community locally. Let me know if this thing takes off, always good to nerd out real hard w some fellow reef degenerates ....

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it. Let me know how I can help with the new group. We had NY Reefs that lasted for a bit then died. Cdmas was around and fizzled out. There's a couple FB groups but not alot of activity. Who ever wants in to start this up let me know. We can all get together over some beers and get something together. I can offer up my place to meet and get our heads together on some ideas. I have a few that I offered to the old groups.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely down, not too many reefers by me. Rochester and Syracuse have some great places we could hit up. Would be nice to set up a frag swap/meet also.

OP
OP
reef lover

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! The more we can get on board the better!
Atm im still waiting to hear back from staff on thr new forum...didnt see it there yesterday.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back