reefers in WI

Welcome to R2R!!
 
Welcome to R2R. I'm in northern IL. What's growing in your tanks?
Gary


I have a 110L with a 55 for a sump/fuge. It's lit by 3x80W T5s on an IC660 and 2x96W CFs. The fuge is lit by a 96W CF quad form factor and is about 28-30 gallons of of the 55. Filtration includes about 250lbs of live rock, ER RS135 skimmer, ehiem & fluval canisters and a fluidized bed. I run an ATO from my RO tank to a mixing bucket with kalk in it which overflows in to the sump twice a day for a max of 15 minutes.

I have mostly softies - 9 types of mushrooms (one you'll have to get a pic of once they grow out - they're insane looking for a shroom). 7 or so types of rics. 3 types of xena. Anthelia, kenya, pinapple tree, yellow polyps, mini blue stars and two types of GSP. I also have about 10 different types of zoas and palys (some gorgeous, believe it or not, brow palys). Almost forgot the toadstool and the leather. I have about 6 types of hard corals I'm trying my hand at. So far so good but definatley more work that the softies.

I'm a fan of your work BTW.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new