ReeFi Duo Extreme LED unboxing and first impressions

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MQ-200 QUANTUM SEPARATE SENSOR WITH HANDHELD METER

Okay, so the old sensor. You’ll need to use that response curve graph and adjust your par measurements for each channel, one at a time, and then add them all up.

For me, 350 par wound up 465par. I had to drop my uv diodes down about 25% as my corals we’re starting to fade. My Montiporas bleached.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait.. say that again and explain please... because my QT that has the radion 4gen..... my frags are going pale.. losing color.. thanks

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a new lobo, so I'm trying the ReeFi acclimation mode for the first time. I didn't have this capability on my old Radions controlled by Apex WXM.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 4.25.36 PM.png

I set them to 50% and ramp back to normal over 7 days:

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 4.14.01 PM.png

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The disco effect is noticeably less with the ReeFi. The diffusers helped on the Radions, but the ReeFi still seems better with more of a smooth shimmer on the sand.

Trying to make sure I'm interpreting this correctly.....are you saying there still IS a disco effect?

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set mine up. Love them! My Radions never made my tank look like this. Absolutely no disco effect. Just pretty light streaming down like it should through water.

And the blues!!! Awesome.

So, question. What is everyone setting the lights on for a mixed reef? The preset options don't include that.

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set mine up. Love them! My Radions never made my tank look like this. Absolutely no disco effect. Just pretty light streaming down like it should through water.

So, question. What is everyone setting the lights on for a mixed reef? The preset options don't include that.

Attached is a file containing my settings that you can import. Save your current settings in case you want to revert back to your current settings.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 5.43.24 PM.png

Attachments

• SuncrestReef.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 211
OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks. One thing I can't figure out is let say your moon phase. It starts at 9 pm correct? And runs for how long?

It follows the actual lunar phase, so on nights when the moon is visible it will be on. When the moon sets, the lights go off.

And here's a video of my mixed reef under the ReeFi's:

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It follows the actual lunar phase, so on nights when the moon is visible it will be on. When the moon sets, the lights go off.

Oh, cool. Beautiful tank! Is that the lighting in the middle of the day?

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, cool. Beautiful tank! Is that the lighting in the middle of the day?

The video was from 5:20pm today, so just a few minutes before the ReeFi settings screenshot above.

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. One thing I can't figure out is let say your moon phase. It starts at 9 pm correct? And runs for how long?

From those settings, moon starts at 9pm plus the ramp time and runs till next period which is Sunrise at 6:30a. Moon intensity will be modified by the moon phase (auto detect moon phase) where final moon intensity equals setting's moon intensity multiple by the percentage of full moon. If you like the moon to ends before sunrise period, for example tank is completely dark from 2a-6:30a, then add another period at 2a and set all 9 channel intensities to 0.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From those settings, moon starts at 9pm plus the ramp time and runs till next period which is Sunrise at 6:30a. Moon intensity will be modified by the moon phase (auto detect moon phase) where final moon intensity equals setting's moon intensity multiple by the percentage of full moon. If you like the moon to ends before sunrise period, for example tank is completely dark from 2a-6:30a, then add another period at 2a and set all 9 channel intensities to 0.

Do you have to select the auto detect moon phase or does it do it automatically?

And what about cloud settings?

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to select the auto detect moon phase or does it do it automatically?

And what about cloud settings?

Moon phase detection is done automatically if you connect to your WiFi router that has internet connection for it to sync date and time. You just have to name a period "Moon".

Cloud settings are random from 0 to max cloud global, but then each channel take that random value and multiply by Cloud Factor for that period.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is actually not the case. The lights follow the moon phase for intensity based on the phase of the moon but DO NOT turn on or off based on the actual moonrise or moonset times. Once in the moon period, it is there for the duration till sunrise or next period bar.

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually not the case. The lights follow the moon phase for intensity based on the phase of the moon but DO NOT turn on or off based on the actual moonrise or moonset times. Once in the moon period, it is there for the duration till sunrise or next period bar.

As I sit here at 11:50pm on Jan 22, 2020 near Portland, OR, my ReeFi lights are at 0W and according to the lunar calendar for my location at https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/@z-us-97007, it shows the moonset today at 3:02 pm and had a maximum illumination of 4.6%.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.49.22 PM.png

@danlu_gt Can you clarify if the lights follow the actual moonrise and moonset times, or only the phase illumination percentage?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I sit here at 11:50pm on Jan 22, 2020 near Portland, OR, my ReeFi lights are at 0W and according to the lunar calendar for my location at https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/@z-us-97007, it shows the moonset today at 3:02 pm and had a maximum illumination of 4.6%.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.49.22 PM.png

@danlu_gt Can you clarify if the lights follow the actual moonrise and moonset times, or only the phase illumination percentage?
See the following and as was explained to me by Daniel. I wish it did actually follow the rise and set times.
Unless you have an updated or old firmware version that actually follows the moonrise and set times for your location... I'm running v3.12 which I believe to be the latest. Nice mixed reef you have there BTW.

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back