Reefi Uno 2.0 Light Spill?

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone share pics of light spill from their reefi uno 2.0? Would love to get pics stepped back from the tank a bit.

My wife hates the light spill with my Radion, diffuser, and light shade.

I saw someone post on instagram about the ATI Stratton having no spill but it is overkill for my 20 gallon.

Thanks !

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On a 20 it’s going to have spill unless you mount it close. The 60 degree reflector may help but it’s very hot spotty.

OP
OP
S

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They come with different lenses, why not use the 90 degree lenses and mount a little higher?
I only have a Radion, I am wondering if the reefi Uno 2.0 is a better alternative. I am asking if anyone has pictures of their reefi uno so I can get an idea of what light spill is like with the 90 or 60 degree reflectors.

OP
OP
S

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a 20 it’s going to have spill unless you mount it close. The 60 degree reflector may help but it’s very hot spotty.
Do you have a reefi Uno and willing to share what light spill is like on your tank?

I only have a Radion with a light shade.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a reefi Uno and willing to share what light spill is like on your tank?

Hopefully someone will come along.
All I can say is the reflector (recessed leds) are almost unbeatable as to avoiding light spill.
That said mounting height and the angle all make a difference.
Someone could tell you its fine for "them" but still doesn't exactly mean it works for you.

You can hunt some images if nothing else. Check for spill ect..
Borrowed..
img_3869-jpg.3293520

Last edited:

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Pardon the mess as I’m upgrading from the tank on the right to the tank on the left. I recently switched from 4 Radion XR15 G5 pros. this is 3 Uno 2.1 with the new 90 degree reflectors mounted 16” from the water. They are too high for this tank, but I wanted them at the level they will be on the new tank.

IMG_2495.jpeg

As I said, on a tank that size you’re going to need to run it pretty close to avoid spill.

OP
OP
S

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon the mess as I’m upgrading from the tank on the right to the tank on the left. I recently switched from 4 Radion XR15 G5 pros. this is 3 Uno 2.1 with the new 90 degree reflectors mounted 16” from the water. They are too high for this tank, but I wanted them at the level they will be on the new tank.

IMG_2495.jpeg

As I said, on a tank that size you’re going to need to run it pretty close to avoid spill.
Thank you!!! This is super helpful! Honestly starting to think I should build a canopy and keep the Radion.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hatch open in my wall so you can see bottom of the reefi lights, mounted 13 inches above the water, with 90 degree v2.1 reef-flectors. There really isn't any side glare. btw I am sitting on my couch, looking up into the lights. Picture taken with s22 cell phone.

20240516_171225[1].jpg

20240516_171225[1].jpg

Last edited:

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a Radion, I am wondering if the reefi Uno 2.0 is a better alternative. I am asking if anyone has pictures of their reefi uno so I can get an idea of what light spill is like with the 90 or 60 degree reflectors.
I'll be totally honest sharing my opinion with ya here, The Reefi is hands down, all around a better alternative any way you want to measure them. More over all power means you run it at lower % increasing components life, they have better internals than radion, go look at the heatsink and cooling stacks, reefi have better spread and spectrum that radion, they have a better warranty 3year!!!!! they cost half as much, they have way better customer support!!!

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Reefi IS a great light. It’s also way overpowered for a 20g tank. I think you’re better off just keeping the radion since you’ve already got it, and just make a canopy to solve the light spill issue. While the Reefi will fix the radion glare issue (my Reefi are 16” off the water with zero glare. Radions were a glare fest at 8”), it’s not going to eliminate light spill on a small tank. Plus you’d need to run the thing at like 30 watts to not fry your tank.

Would be cool if Daniel came out with a Reefi Uno Mini for small tanks.

Back