New Reefi Lab Uno 2.0 Pro - unboxing

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a second Uno Pro a month ago. For benefits, in addition to reducing shadowing, it prolongs the LED life by cutting the light intensity (wattage output) by half on the previous single Uno 2. My PC Rainbow starts growing like weeds and extending more to the left.

IMG_3578.JPG
At the end to not have shadowing, this leds are not more economical than other as you would need more for coverage on a SPS tank to avais shadowing. I think the best solution if I would start a new tank is use only led bars, best spread, no shadowing and the less expensive

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end to not have shadowing, this leds are not more economical than other as you would need more for coverage on a SPS tank to avais shadowing. I think the best solution if I would start a new tank is use only led bars, best spread, no shadowing and the less expensive

Due to the reflectors I'd need proof that shadowing (with the right lens and height) is any more than say a small reflector Metal halide.

In other words the extent of shadowing, not yes or no to shadows.
not implying your statement is wrong, just needs some more data.
The assumptions may be in error as could mine.

like the stock market saying.. "Past performance is not indicative to future performance"

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the reflectors I'd need proof that shadowing (with the right lens and height) is any more than say a small reflector Metal halide.

In other words the extent of shadowing, not yes or no to shadows.
not implying your statement is wrong, just needs some more data.
The assumptions may be in error as could mine.
Can you elaborate your last sentence, I'm not sure I unterstand it well

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate your last sentence, I'm not sure I unterstand it well
I edited the above post.

Reflectors are always "fuzzier" than the tir lenses ect. used. There should be more bounce and less harshness.
My assumption.

full-control-with-lenses-vs-partial-control-with-reflectors.jpg

Biggest (necessary to get quantities of light in a tank with at the inception expensive diodes) mistake in led introduction.. lenses.

Last edited:

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about pulling the trigger on 2, Uno2.0’s for my 75 SPS tank. These will replace a 48” ReefBreeders fixture. This fixture is supplemented by Orphek blue plus and violet light bars. Any update on performance and overall satisfaction with the UNO’s?

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about pulling the trigger on 2, Uno2.0’s for my 75 SPS tank. These will replace a 48” ReefBreeders fixture. This fixture is supplemented by Orphek blue plus and violet light bars. Any update on performance and overall satisfaction with the UNO’s?

Whatever I have mentioned in my previous posts on this thread still hold. No problem so far and the interface is getting improved through frequent firmware updates. I think you are looking for assurance. Go for it! Uno 2 Pro is SO awesome! I added the second Uno 2 Pro after having the first one for 8 months. Highly recommend it.

*** (Based on my experience with AI Prime HD, Radion xr15 G5 Pro and GNC M-Pro. I can't say about others that I hadn't owned).

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3884.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

Last edited:

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running one on a 24x24x24 cube and I am starting to notice some shadowing. Originally was going to pair up some quanta pro bars to help increase the spread. But now, I am starting to lean towards a second reefi. only recently added a couple sps, so no rush to upgrade yet

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running one on a 24x24x24 cube and I am starting to notice some shadowing. Originally was going to pair up some quanta pro bars to help increase the spread. But now, I am starting to lean towards a second reefi. only recently added a couple sps, so no rush to upgrade yet
"IF" budget is not a concern, I can't see why people using bars for spread in place of having a full spectrum lighting unit that gives you more control over light color/spectrum.

We would like to know what you think of the Uno 2 you are currently using. Any inputs to share?

Last edited:

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"IF" budget is not a concern, I can't see why people using bars for spread in place of having a full spectrum lighting unit that gives you more control over light color/spectrum.

We would like to know what you think about the Uno 2 you are currently using. Any inputs to share?
I absolutely love my uno 2. I was coming from an a360x + reefbrites on a 25g cube. I always felt like kessils did not have enough blue pop and there wasn't enough par unless you ran a whiter spectrum.

The color and pop is top notch for me. I did find the ui a little trickier to work when I first started. Daniel is also great at responding and very communicative.

picture is very close to the spectrum I run. Although it gets much whiter during the day
DSC08537 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love my uno 2. I was coming from an a360x + reefbrites on a 25g cube. I always felt like kessils did not have enough blue pop and there wasn't enough par unless you ran a whiter spectrum.

The color and pop is top notch for me. I did find the ui a little trickier to work when I first started. Daniel is also great at responding and very communicative.

picture is very close to the spectrum I run. Although it gets much whiter during the day
DSC08537 (1).jpg
WOW, awesome color!!! So delicious! More photos? Good photos show thousand words.

I agree, the color/spectrum controls through the 9 color channels is handy and great.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, awesome color!!! So delicious! More photos? Good photos show thousand words.

I agree, the color/spectrum controls through the 9 color channels is handy and great.
of course, here are a few more. still trying to dial in my ideal spectrum.
DSC09028.jpg

DSC09033.jpg

DSC09057.jpg

DSC08779 (2).jpg

DSC08740.jpg

Everything was shot on a6000 + nikor macro. Corals were shot in heavier blues and post edited to as real life as I could. Fish were shot in whiter settings

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We would like to know what you think of the Uno 2 you are currently using. Any inputs to share?
You have led bars with full spectrum and you can also combine them. They are also bars that give you Wi-Fi control over the spectrum. Bars are cheaper, give you a better coverage and pop than any spotlight.

Africangrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how do you guys like the shimmer or its not visible, currently I have 4 Kessil A360X with T5 in Aquatic light fixture and absolute love the shimmer but the Kessils are starting to act up one by one so I want to add 2 Uno Pro 2 and flanked by 3 remaining Kessils to blank the whole entire 48x24x20 100gal tank on top of T5 for SPS only tank.

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you guys like the shimmer or its not visible, currently I have 4 Kessil A360X with T5 in Aquatic light fixture and absolute love the shimmer but the Kessils are starting to act up one by one so I want to add 2 Uno Pro 2 and flanked by 3 remaining Kessils to blank the whole entire 48x24x20 100gal tank on top of T5 for SPS only tank.
There are some "not so prominent" shimmer from Uno2, relative to Kessils' (my local fish store uses a few Kessils. Their shimmer is so nice and much much more realistic). If you love Kessil shimmer that much, you will be very disappointed with Uno2. I would recommend to see Uno2's shimmer in person, if shimmer matters a lot to you.

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am curious if someone can tell me the approximate spread of one of these. I have a 6ft 125 gallon, it’s relatively narrow and shallow, and I really like everything about these. I’ve looked all over the product info and can’t find a coverage suggestion. I’m thinking 3 minimum but 6 would be ideal lol. I’ve been growing hard corals for a long time with viparspectras but really want to upgrade and I refuse to buy radions lol.

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious if someone can tell me the approximate spread of one of these. I have a 6ft 125 gallon, it’s relatively narrow and shallow, and I really like everything about these. I’ve looked all over the product info and can’t find a coverage suggestion. I’m thinking 3 minimum but 6 would be ideal lol. I’ve been growing hard corals for a long time with viparspectras but really want to upgrade and I refuse to buy radions lol.
The spread will depend on which reflectors you have installed. There’s 60, 90, 120, and 160 (no reflectors). You can reach out to Daniel the owner and he’ll help you with how many he recommend for your setup.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 72x20x20 tank is 125gal.
How narrow and shallow can you be?

Since the lights are squarish think length/width to start as to the #.

Say 20" tank width, 90 degree lenses .
4 lights @ 10" height off the water line.

That's for limiting spill outside the tank.
With 3 you will lose some outside the tank if you want full l to r coverage

Shallowness will only apply to intensity.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back