Reefi Uno 2.0 Rebooting

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Hoping someone here could assist with a problem I’m having with my Reefi uno 2.0:

Started with a PSU failure. Upon getting new PSU, light reboots over and over again.

I sent it back (under warranty) and had the firmware updated/fixed. Light was tested and found to function properly.

I get the light back and it’s still rebooting over and over again. I noticed that temperature is running high (over 70degC) so I up fan speed. Temperature is now in 40s but I’m still getting reboots every few minutes.

I’ve reached back out to Reefi for help, but I’m at the point where if I’m having to mail this back again (getting expensive) I’m ready to just chunk it into the parts box and go with a Radion.

Anyone else with a similar problem?

-Matt

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1713457625814.png

OP
OP
LARedstickreefer

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s now rebooting at total random temperatures, power levels, and intervals. It can go for many hours without a reboot and then it can go for just minutes at a time.

I’m going to have to send it back, which is costing me a lot of $$$ in shipping to and from Reefi. Good thing it doesn’t weigh as much as an Orphek :)

Good excuse to keep a good spare light on hand…

-Matt

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No mine has worked pretty flawlessly for the short time I've had it. It did give me an issue when I switched my wifi extender but that was a different issue annoying though. Had to go through all my kasa smart plugs too way worse than the Reefi.

OP
OP
LARedstickreefer

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen another with the same problem (or any really) so wouldn’t worry too much.

It’s just frustrating to have to ship it back and forth while keeping my corals in the dark for a week or more at a time.

Hoping for a new unit or at least all internals swapped. If it happens again, it’s going to be used for illuminating my rock collection…

-Matt

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not helpful but I’ve had 3 running pretty flawlessly for about a year. I’d say it’s definitely worth sending back. I suspect when they tested it after the repair it seemed to be fine. I’ve never heard of this as an issue before.

OP
OP
LARedstickreefer

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not helpful but I’ve had 3 running pretty flawlessly for about a year. I’d say it’s definitely worth sending back. I suspect when they tested it after the repair it seemed to be fine. I’ve never heard of this as an issue before.
Mine ran without any issues for a year and a half. PSU never got hot (which seems to be common). Just found it off one day and with 0vdc on the output.

I’d recommend future versions to include some memory so that Reefi can look over logs showing error history and error cause code.

I’ll send it back once my backup light gets delivered, but this will be the last time simply because of the cost for back and forth shipping.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back