Reefing with kids. Hello!

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Philipp yesterday and he said they can also overnight ship live rocks in water (with some extra shipping fees), is it worth it?
Absolutely! I got rock shipped in water from Tampa Bay Saltwater, and it was amazing. Keeps the sponges from dying off. Also, there is a small chance you could get a fish in the rock, so I think the water idea is totally worth it.

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I don’t think it’s necessary to ship it in water for good results but said above you can get a few things you may not get otherwise if it’s shipped in water! Darn it! I thought I had my mind made up for aquascaping my new build myself and now you’ve gone and thrown a wrench in my gears! Hahahaha welcome to the worst hobby in the world for indecisive people!!! Hahahaha.
74C5C12E-A13B-4F82-B393-1461D34A0B59.gif

OP
OP
marcwjj

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahahaha, my mind has been flipping constantly the more I read. Everyone has a different suggestion and all seem to be right .... o_O
Welcome to R2R!!! I don’t think it’s necessary to ship it in water for good results but said above you can get a few things you may not get otherwise if it’s shipped in water! Darn it! I thought I had my mind made up for aquascaping my new build myself and now you’ve gone and thrown a wrench in my gears! Hahahaha welcome to the worst hobby in the world for indecisive people!!! Hahahaha.
74C5C12E-A13B-4F82-B393-1461D34A0B59.gif

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahahaha, my mind has been flipping constantly the more I read. Everyone has a different suggestion and all seem to be right .... o_O
See that’s just it!!! Every tank is different!!! So what works for some fail for others. But one constant has been cultured rock seems to start some of the fastest stable tanks in the hobby. The question is, will those extras you MIGHT get offset the extra price you pay to have it shipped in water? Lol. Just a little devils advocate to stir the pot hahaha. Let us know what you decide and don’t forget to show us!!!

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

giphy.gif

Back