Reefing with kids. Hello!

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! New reefer here! I've been reading a few posts here about live rocks and setup with Fluval flex 32 in the last 2 weeks, thank you guys, what an overwhelming amount of information!

I had some freshwater tank experience with cherry shrimps and guppies, but my kids really want a nemo or two :) So I'm converting one of my tank (Fluval flex 32) to a reef tank. I hope it goes well!

Already spent >$1k on equipments (LED, skimmer, RODI, test kits) and still looking at live rock options, this hobby is def. not cheap... :p but looking at some of the amazing build threads - I think it's worth it.

Here's a photo of the cleaned up tank -- waiting for RODI to arrive next week and I'm planning to get some live rocks from KP aquatics. Kids are apparently super excited.

IMG_20200829_144005.jpg

OP
OP
marcwjj

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I plan on getting some live rock from KP Aquatics as well. I have heard good things about their rock.

I emailed Philipp yesterday and he said they can also overnight ship live rocks in water (with some extra shipping fees), is it worth it?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Philipp yesterday and he said they can also overnight ship live rocks in water (with some extra shipping fees), is it worth it?
I don't think you really need to. They normally ship it in wet newspaper and that will kept the bacteria alive. I don't name drop, so I won't say who, but they are very well respected in this hobby, said that the rock was great and wished they started off that way. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back