Reefing without fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter scapone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scapone

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
new york
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of regrowing my tank i have not replaced anyfish, got rid of my dyno breakout after the hurricane. Im thinking maintenace is essier without fish. And corals will be happier even though i miss the movement just wondering if anyones doing the same
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
 
Although it will be easier to take care of the tank. My tank did much better after adding fish. It gave it a food source that it was lacking and my corals improved.

I would say in the beginning no fish but after you have everything under control add some fish.
 
I ran a 20 gallon long tank for a couple years - no fish, just corals and invertebrates. I had some really friendly peppermint shrimp in there! I fed the tank mostly just cyclopeze powder and it really thrived - lots of pods, mysis, etc. and some very happy coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new