Reefkeeper Lite and email alerts?

Holdbar7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks! If you dont mind me asking what controller did you go to? I've been considering going apex. Or archon if I can find a good deal. I'm gone away from home a lot and if would be nice to make adjustments while I'm away.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from RKE to Archon and now have an Apex. I liked the DA equipment but at least for my system the hiccups with some of the module programming randomly not functioning properly was problematic. DA support was good when you could communicate with them but Apex just has a larger user base and more reliable customer service. There are more of the Apex Classic and Lite units for sale on the forums I think because you can now buy the 2016 Head unit as a separate module. You might pick up a deal on a used one.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a Comcast email address? If not I don’t think the Comcast ports will work. From what I see online, and I didn’t verify this yet with my settings, Comcast uses 993 with SSL on, only as needed or 143 with SSL on. Outgoing port is 587.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t necessarily remember the screens but I don’t think you should use one address for from and a different one for to. Try the same for both.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Juno uses 587 for outgoing and 110 for incoming email.

Holdbar7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried all of the above. 110 was a new one, but it still did not work. I'm under the impression that the port number has to do with ISP, not the email service you are using. Not sure it would work with a Comcast email as they probably require SSL. I have a Comcast email though, I'll give it a try. I'm just curious to see what your old setting were, and see if this notification function still works.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back