ReefKeeper Lite (L1)

Reef Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you are able to control a chiller with a ReefKeeper Lite (L1) controller? I'm guessing yes, but I haven't seen anything stating so yet and I would like to get confirmation from someone that knows before purchasing one. Thank you in advance.

Jeff

OP
OP
R

Reef Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Poseidon. Do you happen to know if it also has the ability to post aquarium stats (temp, ph, what lights and pumps are on, etc) to a website so that I would be able to check these stats from out of town? Also do I have the ability to change program parameters remotely? So if I was out of town and I decided to change a timer I would be able to do this through the web.

As you can see I'm fairly new to the whole controller thing when it comes to this hobby so I'm just trying to get this figured out.

Thanks again for any help.

Jeff

Go Wings

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeff, No, you can't do any of the things listed in your second post, not in a $99 controller anyway. You can monitor and graph with the RK Elite, but it does not have remote control either.

The lite will tell you a last hour of "on" or "off", but not more then that.

OP
OP
R

Reef Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you once again for your help Poseidon. The AquaController 3 can do this though, correct? I realize the RKL is DA basic model and I believe Neptune's AC3 is a bit more advanced. Ideally I would like to be able to at least be able to keep an electronic log of everything, being able to control it remotely would be a nice add on feature but not a must.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, can't help you with the AC3, I don't have any experience with that one.

If you want to compare 2 controllers from Neptune and DA, I think the RK Lite stacks up very well against the AC Jr. However, the AC3 compares to the RK Elite, so both companies have comparable controllers, but you have to put them in the same budget class.

Personally I have heard stories of people trying to program some Neptune products and having a difficult time. The learning curve on the DA products is not as tough as it is with AC from what I hear as well.

Make sure to check out the Elite, and Neptune's new Apex controller, the AC3 is about to be retired I think.

:D :D Good luck!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back