Reefkeeper SL2

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in order for me to just monitor salinity with my RKL I have to buy an SL2 and a salinity probe? Im just wondering because thats nearly $200 just to monitor salinity. Any other cheaper alternatives rather than refractometers?

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in order for me to just monitor salinity with my RKL I have to buy an SL2 and a salinity probe? Im just wondering because thats nearly $200 just to monitor salinity. Any other cheaper alternatives rather than refractometers?

Unless they came out with the redesigned salinity probe, it won't work properly anyway. I use a hydrometer and it works fine for me. Not as accurate as a refractometer, but for $10 it works just fine for my needs.

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For around 50-100$ you can get a good reliable refractometer! My experience with hydrometers is that they'll work for a while but they are not reliable on the long run..... for example after a couple years of using my hydrometer I thought my salinity was 1.025... same reading in a refractometer gave 1.030!!! never used a hydrometer again!:tongue:

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back