Reeflink and MacBook Pro usbc

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can’t seem to get past step one. What kind of usb do I need to use. My MacBook Pro only has usbc/thunderbolt 3. When asked to connect via usb only. I used a usb to usbc plug and nothing happened. Tried multiple times. No power, no connection. Any idea what I should do to set it up?

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, thunderbolt for Mac uses separate drivers than usb-c despite them being the exact same. Do you know for certain that the adapter used was made by Apple?

Also, it might be worth contacting reeflink support and seeing if they know anything about what TYPE of USB ports are supported. I'm not entirely sure on this one - but I believe usb-c is much more powerful than usb 3.0 even....so it should have a hub adapter as well.

1 last question: do other devices work on the usb adapter that you're using?

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i potentially use my work PC to do initial setup and then use my mac/ios device going forward?

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i potentially use my work PC to do initial setup and then use my mac/ios device going forward?
If reeflink software works on both PC and Mac, potentially....but it's not really a question I could answer without using one myself or seeing the code behind (not possible).

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for anyone interested, i bought a cheap $5 usb a to usb a cable from amazon and used a usba to c adapter to connect to laptop and it recognized the reeflink instantly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back