Reeflink Problem

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Reeflink lost its connection, I contacted Ecotech and they told me to update my firmware. Problem is when I try to run the reeflink setup app I get an error message. I’ve tried it on 3 different computers. All my firewalls are turned off and I still get the error. ‍♂️

Their support team even sent me the setup file and when I try to run it I still get the error message. Anyone else have an issue running their setup app?

0487B303-2B61-4B94-8702-905288EC0E32.jpeg

OP
OP
Rob's Reef

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the usb plugged in directly. The problem is whenever I try to run the reeflink setup application it errors out.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be trying it myself shortly, as soon as I borrow an older computer. Not compatible with new Mac. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t work.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to having it connected via USB cable, is it also hardwired to your network via Ethernet cable? The ReefLink‘s wifi is spotty at best. When I ran mine before getting a WXM, I always had it hardwired to my network.

Last edited:

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reeflink stayed connected wirelessly wasn’t spotty. Only problem was the updates it was supposed to do, most of the time without a hiccup until now... a new Mac with thunderbolt 3 ports, USB-c. It doesn’t have USB ports. The reeflink needs to be re-formatted According to Ecotech rep. He stated this will take care of most problems, updates. Alright, I purchased a USB-c to Ethernet adapter as I was told to connect with Ethernet. Well, I called Ecotech again, the answer was we’ve had calls due to the new macs. The reeflink can only be updated so far since it’s older equipment, it won’t read past the adapter and Apple is doing things with their new system Catalina. Needless to say that doesn’t do me any good. I sold the previous Mac that had USB ports. I’m definitely not going to buy a pc to reformat the reeflink. WXM perhaps? I have a radion g4 pro, multiple mp10w, and a couple battery backups.

OP
OP
Rob's Reef

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems like the problem was my router/switch causing the problem. Once I hooked up my laptop directly to my modem and then the reeflink to my laptop it worked.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back