Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0 (SDC 9)

rafaelicibaci

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
14
Location
Brazil
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All Sicce pump users - I am having a temperature alert issue on my Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0 return pump, controlled via the ContrALL app.

The pump is sending a high-temperature alert at 41°C while running at 81% power. When I measure the actual temperature of the pump body, it is approximately 31°C. The aquarium water temperature is also in the normal range (around 24–25°C). There is no dry-run condition, no blocked rotor, and flow appears normal.

I have already performed a full disassembly and cleaning of the pump. The same temperature alert continues after cleaning.

Photos attached show:
• the ContrALL temperature alert at 41°C
• the independently measured temperature of the pump body at ~32°C (seems a bit excessive for me, my mantis is around reef water temp at ~25°C to 26°C

This appears to be a false reading from the pump’s internal temperature sensor (or a firmware/app reporting error), not actual overheating of the motor.



IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3164.png
 
Mine is off a degree, not as much as yours but I don’t pay much attention to it. I use my Inkbird for my temp regulation and monitoring.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new