Reeflink

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am slowly switching my tank over to almost everything Ecotech (except lights, sorry not paying $800+ a light) and was looking at maybe getting the reeflink controller, but also been hearing a lot about Mobius as well. Current plans are to have a M2 return pump, with 2 MP40s for my display (maybe more), and maybe an S2 to power a couple reactors.

Should i bother getting the reeflink controller or just hold off for Mobius and looking at getting the chips for everything?

Marty's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find a cheap reeflink and just go with that. Once you have the program setup and running you will hardly ever want to mess with it. I am currently using this setup on my system. Until they release Mobius to control the Vectras and the Vortechs this is your best bet for the moment.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention almost every single review of Mobius I’ve read has been bad and says it’s full of bugs and other issues.
Stay with the reeflink

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeflink latelty has been like a yo yo. Up then down, I have had to reboot mine so it goes back on line about 10 times over the last couple months. Not a big deal, just unplug then plug back in. So it’s stability is not as great as some might make you think.

The Web based interface of reeflink and Ecotech pumps is far better than the App version. I can’t stand the Ecotechs App for my IOS products that are associated with reeflink.

As far as I’m concerned Mobius is vaporware for older Ecotech devices. We may or may not ever see any of them get added to it. There is no timeline so waiting for it could be a week to never. They are being tight lipped about legacy items. Why? I’m guessing they aren’t sure if legacy devices will get added.

Ecotech has buried themselves in one interface to the next and none of them work perfect. Perhaps Mobius will be the final interface that they go with but I don’t think they are even sure about that.

As for having a $100 item to control pumps I think it really depends on what you want your pumps to do. I run 4ea MP40s and 2ea M2s. I found it useful to set up my pumps and make changes. I run a schedule that I would not be able to run without reeflink. I do find reeflink much more useful to program my lights. Since you’re not concerned about lights, it’s a tough call.

From what I have read you won’t need chips for your new Ecotech products. Assuming that these products will eventually get added to Mobius. 1 year old or newer. So I wouldn’t worry about that.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back