reeflo primer low speed pumps - experience?

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed something new (to me), reeflo PRIMER low speed pumps. Described as "whisper quiet". Other reeflo pumps that I have are also described as quiet, and they are not quiet at all, despite rubber feet and silicone tubing sections.

Does anyone have any experience with the reeflo primer low speed pumps (as return pump from a basement sump).

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used hammerhead pumps for years and while they are relatively quiet they have a hum to them. I have experienced that different motors are louder than others. If you are getting a lot of noise you might also have a bearing issue that requires replacement.

OP
OP
FishTruck

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used hammerhead pumps for years and while they are relatively quiet they have a hum to them. I have experienced that different motors are louder than others. If you are getting a lot of noise you might also have a bearing issue that requires replacement.

Alex... would you ever expect a reeflo pump to be "whisper quiet?".

OP
OP
FishTruck

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, since they are self priming, I could try one out without re-cutting my sump for a 2 inch inlet. I might give one of these a try. The kids yell at me to shut the door to the tank room when they are watching TV in the room next to it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back