Reeflo Versus Iwaki

  • Thread starter Thread starter robby2782
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I run one of each and if I had to chose between them I would go with the reeflo without a doubt. I can barely hear my reeflo run but the iwaki is LOUD!!
 
I run one of each and if I had to chose between them I would go with the reeflo without a doubt. I can barely hear my reeflo run but the iwaki is LOUD!!

My iwaki will be plumbed in the garage along with my chiller, so noise won't be a factor.

I definitely agree with you Reeflo definitely has the advantage from an energy consumption and sound standpoint. It's just hard to argue against a proven product that everyone loves.
 
Totally agree on the reliability standpoint. I have had luck with reeflo so far. My iwaki has been going strong for over 3 years without touching it.
 
My iwaki will be plumbed in the garage along with my chiller, so noise won't be a factor.

I definitely agree with you Reeflo definitely has the advantage from an energy consumption and sound standpoint. It's just hard to argue against a proven product that everyone loves.

In that case go with the Iwaki, I have run Iwaki's in the past and the ones with fans will be on the loud side ( my only complaint)....I had a 100RLT that was a cross between a vacuum cleaner and a dishwasher. The Iwaki will last forever

IMO the Iwaki 40 series would be plenty for your 180
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the great advice! Unfortunately I already bought the iwaki 70 series. I'll just have to throttle it down most likely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new