Reefmat 500 jamming as soon as it advances

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set it up and as the title states, I am getting a reefmat jammed notification anytime it advances, where I manually do it or it does it automatically. Here are some pics to see if I’ve done something wrong during the set up

IMG_6832.jpeg IMG_6831.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup.. Contact Red Sea support- it is after all brand new! :)
I was hoping I set something up wrong and it would be a quick fix. They take forever to respond. You think it’s just defective?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping I set something up wrong and it would be a quick fix. They take forever to respond. You think it’s just defective?
It's quite hard to tell from two pictures and two lines :) Run through the setup sequence again; maybe take it out to check that everything is assembled in right way. The setup of the Reefmat is relatively straight forward so it is rather hard to do it wrong- but it is possible ;)

If it does not automatically advance, it could be the sensor. Although, the fact that you get an alarm that it is 'jammed' might suggest that something is stock somewhere.

Check the motor- and check that all the wheels run freely.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's quite hard to tell from two pictures and two lines :) Run through the setup sequence again; maybe take it out to check that everything is assembled in right way. The setup of the Reefmat is relatively straight forward so it is rather hard to do it wrong- but it is possible ;)

If it does not automatically advance, it could be the sensor. Although, the fact that you get an alarm that it is 'jammed' might suggest that something is stock somewhere.

Check the motor- and check that all the wheels run freely.
Unrelated, my Clarisea SK-3000 gave me a similar alarm; that the roll was jammed repeatedly. I had the full controller changed and the fault was rectified.

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through the directions again. I guess the only thing I am not clear on is this step. Not sure what the front guide roller is

Attachments

• IMG_6833.jpeg
    IMG_6833.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 35

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through the directions again. I guess the only thing I am not clear on is this step. Not sure what the front guide roller is
That particular step is near impossible to do wrong so I doubt it's that one! :)

Find an assembly video on YouTube, watch it and ensure you have done everything 100% correct. Then you don't need to read ;)

If everything is 100% correct, try to factory reset the Reefmat and pair it again with the Reefbeet app.

If it's still not working, contact support.

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time. I never took it out to begin with so it was threading wrong! I watched the Red Sea video on YouTube and was trying to keep up but he goes kinda quick and I totally skipped taking that part out

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time. I never took it out to begin with so it was threading wrong! I watched the Red Sea video on YouTube and was trying to keep up but he goes kinda quick and I totally skipped taking that part out
Glad you made it work! :) Happy reefing my friend!

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you made it work! :) Happy reefing my friend!
Thank you! While I’ve got you here, does the used roller start to smell? I can’t imagine it not and my fiancé is very, in tune, with smells

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! While I’ve got you here, does the used roller start to smell? I can’t imagine it not and my fiancé is very, in tune, with smells
Well, it's fish poop.. ;) Aye, it will smell a little bit- it's not something you will notice unless you our your missus sticks your nose down in it..

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back