REEFMAT 500 REPLACEMENT HOSE END PART NAME?

Ryan8696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I cut my hose too short and now need to replace it. I have the hose however I need to buy the cap on the end (the existing cap is glued into the hose that came with the unit.

Does anyone know what this part is called? It's the end cap, not the part that screws in (I've highlighted it in yellow in the image).

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
R

Ryan8696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that might be the case - but I thought I would try my luck. I figured the part would only be a couple of dollars vs. a new hose which is about $40 where I am...

Thanks all the same!

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I cut my hose too short and now need to replace it. I have the hose however I need to buy the cap on the end (the existing cap is glued into the hose that came with the unit.

Does anyone know what this part is called? It's the end cap, not the part that screws in (I've highlighted it in yellow in the image).

Capture.JPG
That part comes off even though its glued, I mistakenly removed that end and just reglued it.
Just muscle it off.

OP
OP
R

Ryan8696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Johnic - I was worried about damaging it if I forced it - I'll give it a shot.

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Johnic - I was worried about damaging it if I forced it - I'll give it a shot.
No problem. You can see the flat sides are for a plumbing wrench or to grab a hold of it.
Let me know how it goes. Use the white paste the rollermat came with to secure it back when your ready

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
old thread but has anyone modified the 500 version and got a 90 degree bend on the intake like the 250 version has? would save me a lot of space in the sump, but red sea doesn't deliver that on the 500. must be made yourself

Back