ReefMat 500 setup in Reefer XL 200 G2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a new Reefer XL200 G2 with a ReefMat 500. Do you think I should trim the corrugated hose to make the run from the drain to the mat as short as possible or just keep the stock length?

This is what it looks like without trimming.
IMG_5911.jpg

OP
OP
Gotfrogs

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late. The bend radius on the hose is not that great and I don't plan on adding a skimmer so I did not feel like it helped anything so I went ahead and glued it in place with the full hose length.

I am slowly getting everything installed and organized before adding water. I need to get my float switches installed next.
IMG_5953.jpg

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually been running without a skimmer but did add one of these last week.
IMG_7631.jpeg Skimmer
That’s a good fit. I had one of those a long while ago. My gripe with it is that the acrylic seemingly shrunk and getting the cup off was a nightmare. Also, it’s due for a pump updated. If they simply put a DC pump on it then it’s a solid contender for the Bubble King 160.

I just crammed my Ultra Reef 160 into mine I’ll send a pic when I get home I’m considering getting a custom acrylic sump built. If they made the sump 19” it would have been perfect.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back