Reefmat aftermarket alternative?

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ReefMat 500 and I’m burning through filter rolls in 2-3 weeks on my tank. I was wondering if there’s an aftermarket/cheaper alternative than buying the read sea rolls?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, Steve over at [email protected] can help you out. I just order his rolls for my 5&12 Reefmat. However, his is a 2 inch vs the 1.5 (or whatever sizes they are) . He shared the contact with me of someone who was printing an adapter tube but he hasn’t replied to my emails. I haven’t tried it on the smaller tube.

I have been getting a month out of both my 1200 and my 500. However, the tank that has the 500 recently had a precipitation event, and is now going through rolls in less then a week. I’m likely going to have to take all the plumbing, UV, etc, off the tank and clean out the lines. There is a coating in all the plumbing that is now really causing me to go through some fleece. I’m going to give it one more roll to see if it cleans itself out… if you follow the dates, you can clearly see where the event took place… sigh…

IMG_2450.png IMG_2451.png

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Steve over at [email protected] can help you out. I just order his rolls for my 5&12 Reefmat. However, his is a 2 inch vs the 1.5 (or whatever sizes they are) . He shared the contact with me of someone who was printing an adapter tube but he hasn’t replied to my emails. I haven’t tried it on the smaller tube.

I have been getting a month out of both my 1200 and my 500. However, the tank that has the 500 recently had a precipitation event, and is now going through rolls in less then a week. I’m likely going to have to take all the plumbing, UV, etc, off the tank and clean out the lines. There is a coating in all the plumbing that is now really causing me to go through some fleece. I’m going to give it one more roll to see if it cleans itself out… if you follow the dates, you can clearly see where the event took place… sigh…

Awesome thank you. I emailed him. Can you explain the adapter a little more? I’m a bit confused what you’re referring to

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you. I emailed him. Can you explain the adapter a little more? I’m a bit confused what you’re referring to
Pm ‘mackdave’ hon here. He sells the 2” to 1.5” 3D printer roll reducer to use with the preconfilters. Basically the preconfilters are 2” diameter and the oem redsea filters are 1.5” only.

mackdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry but I make the adapters. I didn’t get your email. My email is [email protected] .

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back