Reefmat roll change - stupid question?

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible stupid question warning! Changing the roll on my ReefMat 1200 for the second time... The first time, it was a real battle to get the dirty roll off, as I installed the new roll and examined the two oval bars, assumed I just wasn't doing it right! Now the second time around and I'm stuck again; the roll is wrapped so tight, I can't get the two central bars out, no matter how much I try to force them! Have I missed something? Is there a proper way to do this? I can't find anything on here, YouTube or Google - It must just be me!

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two bars should connect to a circular plate and locking clip on each end. If you twist the small circle clip on one side, then pull off the larger circle gear plate, you should be able to slide the bars out one at a time.

be careful how much twisting/bending pressure you put on the two arms that are inside the roll, they are prone to snap at the ends where it is thinner.

OP
OP
psumms

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is how I’ve tried to do it, but the raised lip on the end of the red bar digs into the roll and won’t pull through. I can’t find a video showing the removal of a dirty roll - you would think RedSea would share some instruction. Took 10 minutes to get the thing off, and then it was a case of half unrolling it!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what we’re doing differently but I have changed a few rolls now and haven’t had issues with the dirty roll. I do start the dirty roll pretty loose so perhaps that helps.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like the Clarisea. It used to be a nightmare to change until they then supplied a stand for the dirty roll you force down into removing the roll. I used to have to unroll the fleece myself too. Hope you find a fix for this issue as changing rolls sounds like a chore.

Back