Reefnjunkies 400 gallon inwall

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow just wow my friend! Such a beautiful tank!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefnjunkie! I haven't been by in sometime, wow loving the growth in your frag tank!

I get called out sometimes on "frag tanks" but to be honest, 95% ( or more maybe) has grown form a 1" frag, smaller if I'm being from certain vendors ;)

Wow just wow my friend! Such a beautiful tank!

Thanks Rev! Long path to get here and many years of "lessons" but as mentioned earlier I am really happy with how the new tank is shaping up.

This last weekend I spent a few days siphoning all the sand (almost, I have about 40ish pounds to go) out and replacing it with a larger grain. Initially I went with Fiji Pink I think was the name, sand size was .5-1.2mm and way to small, I was cleaning sand from the cup coral daily. I went with something very similar to the sand I had before the replacement (which was Seafloor special) that's 1.0-2.0mm, MUCH happier.

Since I have no room for corals in the display it's just fine tuning things these days, thankfully I have my frag tanks to keep me "occupied". With regard to the frag tanks, they need some serious pruning to make space for pieces I've had in QT the last month. Time to take some mini colonies to my local fave reef store, maybe post another cut to order sale thread :)

More pictures to come, thanks for looking and commenting

kchapmanjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get called out sometimes on "frag tanks" but to be honest, 95% ( or more maybe) has grown form a 1" frag, smaller if I'm being from certain vendors ;)

Thanks Rev! Long path to get here and many years of "lessons" but as mentioned earlier I am really happy with how the new tank is shaping up.

This last weekend I spent a few days siphoning all the sand (almost, I have about 40ish pounds to go) out and replacing it with a larger grain. Initially I went with Fiji Pink I think was the name, sand size was .5-1.2mm and way to small, I was cleaning sand from the cup coral daily. I went with something very similar to the sand I had before the replacement (which was Seafloor special) that's 1.0-2.0mm, MUCH happier.

Since I have no room for corals in the display it's just fine tuning things these days, thankfully I have my frag tanks to keep me "occupied". With regard to the frag tanks, they need some serious pruning to make space for pieces I've had in QT the last month. Time to take some mini colonies to my local fave reef store, maybe post another cut to order sale thread :)

More pictures to come, thanks for looking and commenting

Hey Brad I'm right down the road if you need to get rid of some clippings :)

BMMMW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love all of these corals, and those are not like any frag tanks I have ever seen. Did you grow all of these from Frags?

Atif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean "can't" see? I lost almost the entire colony I'm down to these 2 pieces unfortunately [emoji24]
201bbf735e4bb015651b39686dcde341.jpg

7 more weeks .....
Ooh no.....it's a beautiful stuff

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brad I'm right down the road if you need to get rid of some clippings :)

Hahaha I appreciate the offer, it's good to have close reefers

Ready to look at the shopping list.:rolleyes:
Jeff
Hey Jeff, how are the frags doing? I won't have much new stuff but definitely need to thin the herd

Love all of these corals, and those are not like any frag tanks I have ever seen. Did you grow all of these from Frags?

Nearly every piece has started as a frag :)

Ooh no.....it's a beautiful stuff

The branched piece is the one I posted the pic, in the display its really started to take off.

Quite a build!

Thanks!! It's quite the site while "chillin" on my sofa ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments, makes the time spent worth it and glad I can share!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More photos...DAILY! LOL!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this weekend I decided to throw in the towel with my acan collection that I've been building over the last 5 years. X collected some rare pieces that's for sure- I just have fallen out of love[emoji22]

I guess I'm going to stick with SPS-I've done the mushrooms the zoas, acans, chalices and I always come back to the sticks

Here is an older picture
a63314c98e4421e897c4315b20f2e13f.jpg

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this weekend I decided to throw in the towel with my acan collection that I've been building over the last 5 years. X collected some rare pieces that's for sure- I just have fallen out of love[emoji22]

I guess I'm going to stick with SPS-I've done the mushrooms the zoas, acans, chalices and I always come back to the sticks

Here is an older picture
a63314c98e4421e897c4315b20f2e13f.jpg
Dear God, bless your broken heart. It sure is a bad time to fall out of love!

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Beautiful fish. I bet it makes you smile seeing that fish in your tank. :) I missed the last post notification, but dang, those acros look hot!

I am planning an upgrade. Can you confirm which return pump you are using and the total sizeof your system? Many thanks.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Beautiful fish. I bet it makes you smile seeing that fish in your tank. :) I missed the last post notification, but ****, those acros look hot!

I am planning an upgrade. Can you confirm which return pump you are using and the total sizeof your system? Many thanks.
Thanks my friend, the Regal is a gorgeous fish and a favorite with my wife, she really loves the Red Tamarin but the Regal swims up to the tank when you you're there and is really personable.

Congrats on the upgrade, I look forward to seeing a build thread!! I use a dart/snapper hybrid with the dart impeller which is plenty for a return-I run 6 QD in the tank for movement which is probably overkill but most of what I do in reefing is ( as in 6 frag tanks LOL)

Thanks for the compliments on the acros, I got a new lens so hopefully more and better pics to come!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the old display that i recently replaced was cut down and repurposed into my "new" sump that I'll be adding soonto replace the two I'm presently using
435e1fbdcb8e852fc9d620c7618b73ee.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back