#reefpi any one use PH to control CO2 injection?

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reef pi for my co2 as well, I just use a timer to turn it on and off.
Hi guys,
I have set up my CO2 injection for my freshwater tank like described and it does the job.
Now I like to stop the CO2 injection overnight when the aeration starts and restart it in the morning when the aeration stops. I made a macro disabling the pH-sensor, stop the CO2 and start the aeration. A second macro does the opposite. I inserted temporally an alert to control it.
The problem is the macro' started.
Same situation in the morning, the pH sensor doesn't get enabled and I keep getting alerts, 1 every minute = sampling frequency?
When I later try to enable the pH-sensor manually, it jumps back to disabled after my back a few whiles.

Is there something I missed or did wrong? Are there better ways to come to the same result?
I use a Robo-tank deluxe pH-measurement.

Mikeneedsahobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I have set up my CO2 injection for my freshwater tank like described and it does the job.
Now I like to stop the CO2 injection overnight when the aeration starts and restart it in the morning when the aeration stops. I made a macro disabling the pH-sensor, stop the CO2 and start the aeration. A second macro does the opposite. I inserted temporally an alert to control it.
The problem is the macro' started.
Same situation in the morning, the pH sensor doesn't get enabled and I keep getting alerts, 1 every minute = sampling frequency?
When I later try to enable the pH-sensor manually, it jumps back to disabled after my back a few whiles.

Is there something I missed or did wrong? Are there better ways to come to the same result?
I use a Robo-tank deluxe pH-measurement.
What triggers the macros?

post a screenshot of your macro.

Raf714

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The macro is triggerd by a timer, so the macro runs in reverse!
You have to start from the bottem.
Sorry for some Dutch worden in it, it's my home language.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-193812.png
    Screenshot_20210212-193812.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 35

Mikeneedsahobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The macro is triggerd by a timer, so the macro runs in reverse!
You have to start from the bottem.
Sorry for some Dutch worden in it, it's my home language.
I don’t see anything in the macro that looks suspicious.

I am doing something similar in a macro for ato. The one difference I have is I have a single macro to turn on and off the ato using a wait command for the length of time I want it on. When the macro finishes the system is in the same state as when the macro starts. Try this and see if it functions right.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem seems to be in the disabling of the pH probe. If I leave this step out then the macro runs as expected.

@Ranjib @robsworld78 ?
Sorry @Raf714 I'm unsure why it's not working. I have seen issues with disabling modules so maybe it's something in the code, the macro looks ok.

Mikeneedsahobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem seems to be in the disabling of the pH probe. If I leave this step out then the macro runs as expected.

@Ranjib @robsworld78 ?
You could run a normal timer to turn on and off the co2 as well. So the ph controller can be on all the time but at night the co2 doesn’t get power regardless of the controller command.
then a simple timer for the aeration.

Raf714

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I switch off the CO2 and start the aeration the pH goes up. So the pH controller switches the CO2 back on. It's therefore I wanted to disable the pH controller.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back