Reefsafe starfish-which ones and where?

classklown90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
900
Reaction score
18
Location
South jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for starfish that are reefsafe. I occasionally see some wild looking fromias in other reefers tanks. I have a red fromia and am not interested in a blue linkia. Can anyone suggest some to me and also where to buy them?
 
Linkia also come in orange, purple, and "Halloween". Best reef safe stars.

Serpents are good for CUC but you won't see them often. Harliquins are nice.

Brittle stars are nice too but I would stay away from the big green ones in a reef.

Hope this helps.
 
Brittle stars are nice. I put one in my tank when he was the size of a nickel and now he is bigger than a silver dollar.

Only problem I had was my diamond goby went missing and I believe the brittle is to blame. Otherwise he just moves through my rocks on the sand bed and happily eats pellet food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new