Reefwave 45 problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Raven09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I hope I’m on the correct site for RedSea help!!
I have the RedSea 750 XL, four RedSea 90 lights and reefwave 45 and working great. I purchased a second reefwave 45 and my problems started. I connect it with no problem but after an hour or two the reefbeat app shows that I lost wi-fi on the new reefwave. I’ve had to reconnect the second reefwave multiple times and multiple times the app again shows that I lost Wi-fi. Currently when I go through the steps and go to my settings on my iPhone it no longer shows “reefwave45 008292, it shows unknown008292”. It lost the correct name - go figure!!!!
I contacted RedSea support but to date no luck just -“ swap power supply and see if that helps”, and after doing that overnight it never lost wi-fi connection. The original reefwave stayed connected and the second (newer) lost connection, just like I never did anything. I believe the control unit is bad. The original reefwave controller was bad from new and RedSea gave me a new one after I sent them mine. After getting a new controller months ago, I’ve never had any problems since. This new controller is giving me hell!!
I wish they would send me a new controller so I can give my fish and corals a rest from all the problems.

OP
OP
Raven09

Raven09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem was solved by RedSea. The controller was defective. Thanks for all your support.

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had luck with these out of the box?

I just got one as well & am having 0 luck getting it set up. The only solutions I've found online is sending it back & getting another.

OP
OP
Raven09

Raven09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had luck with these out of the box?

I just got one as well & am having 0 luck getting it set up. The only solutions I've found online is sending it back & getting another.
Contact their tech support. I did and they sent out a new one. Worked great!

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact their tech support. I did and they sent out a new one. Worked great!

I have, but since I got it Saturday morning, it'll probably be a solid 2 days before I hear back.

I can't be alone in thinking that if they know these all have this connection issue they should have fixed it months ago. For a new product this would be annoying, but understandable, growing pain issue. For a year-old product, this is just negligence.

I keep seeing things about how great their support is... Great support would be removing the defective units from the shelves & fixing the known issue before selling them to customers. The continued damage control to prevent returns & chargebacks is just not right.

OP
OP
Raven09

Raven09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, but since I got it Saturday morning, it'll probably be a solid 2 days before I hear back.

I can't be alone in thinking that if they know these all have this connection issue they should have fixed it months ago. For a new product this would be annoying, but understandable, growing pain issue. For a year-old product, this is just negligence.

I keep seeing things about how great their support is... Great support would be removing the defective units from the shelves & fixing the known issue before selling them to customers. The continued damage control to prevent returns & chargebacks is just not right.
I agree but what we don’t know is that just maybe they had production problems and they don’t know which ones they are. Sometimes things happen in production that get out. The only way to find them is when the public complains and they replace the defective product. I didn’t like it either but all you can do is trust their replacement program and hope they come through. If not, then next time buy another product and hope they have a good replacement policy. Good luck and give them a chance. Mine also broke but on a Friday night.

StingJayP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue. Had a reefwave 45, has been working. Bought another one yesterday. Doesn't connect to home wifi network. Been at it for quite awhile. To troubleshoot, I disconnected and deleted the first reefwave 45 I had and set it up from scratch. Works fine. Pretty certain the new one I bought has a defective controller. I emailed Red Sea support lastnight still waiting. Anyone have a phone number to tech support there? Thx.

Aere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the exact same problem with my two pumps. Seems like a common issue. Haven't heard back from them in over 2 days

Aere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue. Had a reefwave 45, has been working. Bought another one yesterday. Doesn't connect to home wifi network. Been at it for quite awhile. To troubleshoot, I disconnected and deleted the first reefwave 45 I had and set it up from scratch. Works fine. Pretty certain the new one I bought has a defective controller. I emailed Red Sea support lastnight still waiting. Anyone have a phone number to tech support there? Thx.
(888) 733-7329

Good luck getting a call back. I'm on day 3. Amazing customer service and products....least this is my experience. /S

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having connectivity issues with my reefwave 45. It's a great pump but can't connect. I deleted the ap and tried again but no success. I emailed support and they got back to me and I am waiting for their next response.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having connectivity issues with my reefwave 45. It's a great pump but can't connect. I deleted the ap and tried again but no success. I emailed support and they got back to me and I am waiting for their next response.
You need to have a 2.4GHz network to successfully connect to it.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwaves are NOTORIOUS for their initial set up SUCKING. I have spent hours trying to get it to connect. It is a Fickle B!!! Keep trying. Reset your router. Delete and reinstall the app. all the old fashioned trouble shooting 101.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, as everyone is going 5G! I will gooogle but is there a simple solution to get this ap on 2.4?
Put your phone on 2.4 bandwidth from your router, connect using the network from the unit, and go from there..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back