ReefWave behaviour question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

droog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm considering buying 2x RedSea ReefWaves for my 150g system (they are available where I live!). What I would like to do is as follows:

1] Install the ReefWaves
2] Configure a 24 hour program in ReefBeat
3] Use my Apex controller to turn the power ON/OFF when feeding, doing maintenance etc

So my question is this: when power is restored to the ReefWave - will it automatically start up and revert to programming.... or do they just "sit there" needing to be turned on via the controller.

Hope the question is clear enough! Thanks in advance for any input.

--
Cheers,
droog

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my question is this: when power is restored to the ReefWave - will it automatically start up and revert to programming....

Yes,
My RW-25 does fire back up to it's program, after totally powering it off

Edit:
But, I see no need to use it with an Apex switch.
You can program a 24 hour period of different waves and put in a feed mode with the time you want it, with the app.

You can also open the app and hit feed mode or maintenance and resume back to normal when your ready to resume.

Last edited:

fdevans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same question as I was hoping to click one feed mode button on the Apex and not have to do it also in ReefBeats app.

Not sure I want to fully power off the ReefWave 25s though because then the ReefBeats app will send notifications that a device is offline.

might have to see if I can come up with a more central solution using some sweet hacking skills.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same question as I was hoping to click one feed mode button on the Apex and not have to do it also in ReefBeats app.

Not sure I want to fully power off the ReefWave 25s though because then the ReefBeats app will send notifications that a device is offline.

might have to see if I can come up with a more central solution using some sweet hacking skills.
I have a pair of ReefWave45s running through my Apex and this setup works perfectly fine (just hit A-D feed mode through Fusion and the gyres stop). They literally reconnect in seconds after being turned back on and resume normally scheduled programming. As long as you keep the downtime to <30 minutes you don't seem to get bombarded with offline notifications (I think this is triggered if the unit is offline for more than an hour).

Back