Reeza's Reef (waterbox 130.4)

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R fam! Just thought I'd throw this post up real quick, I will update this in the morning with pics and some backstory on the tank to catch everyone up! In the meantime, if you wanna see whats going on, please feel free to follow the Instagram account: Reezasreef as its much more up to date. Cant wait to post more here tomorrow.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R fam! Just thought I'd throw this post up real quick, I will update this in the morning with pics and some backstory on the tank to catch everyone up! In the meantime, if you wanna see whats going on, please feel free to follow the Instagram account: Reezasreef as its much more up to date. Cant wait to post more here tomorrow.

Looking forward to the pictures!

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologize for not posting today, took my mother to the ER in the afternoon she is home and well. Will be flooding with pics and words in the morning.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologize for not posting today, took my mother to the ER in the afternoon she is home and well. Will be flooding with pics and words in the morning.

Wow, hope all is well.

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start with this, I am not that great with writing! So please, sit down and struggle to read my mess of words and maybe enjoy the pictures (we know that's why you're here anyways!)

So I cant seem to find many pics of where this all started, except these. My 60g FOWLR tank. This is where I'm starting to get hooked on having a fish tank, it has become an outlet for me and I feel I wont ever have a big enough tank!
IMG_0040.jpeg

I couldn't get enough of it! I find it hard at times to walk away from it at times. I cant be the only one guilty of this, am I? Pretty sure I was thinking of how to convince my wife this wasn't enough.

IMG_0135.jpg

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets keep rolling along, don't worry the waterbox is coming.
Are you planning on using the ATO reservoir in the sump? My waterbox 130 is still in the crate in my garage, but i would love to find a way to use that space as a fuge.
I am using it as an ATO, I've seen it used as a fuge, but I have no intentions of it. I am hoping to upgrade to a 300-400g build in the future which will include one.
Check online I'm sure you can find something.

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wife approves of my addiction, and allows the tank to come home she loves it too! Just getting started putting it together, was fairly simple and a decent build quality.

IMG_0257.jpeg

Small slowdown in the process, was worse than getting a damsel out of a tank.

IMG_0258.jpeg

Finally got her out of the stand after a tough fight, never the less stand is complete! And a few of the goodies running the tank are being brought out. Side note! NO WIVES WERE INJURED DURING THE CONSTRUCTION OF THIS TANK!

IMG_0275.jpeg

Now lets add some cheesy lights inside the stand for my own pleasure! Please spare me as this is my second tank ever lol

IMG_0262.jpeg

Man I really should have flipped this stand upside down to do this part. No I never did, I somehow managed to get my broad shoulders stuffed inside this small cabinet.

IMG_0264.jpeg

With the stand complete, I have started to get everything out of the old tank to remove it and place the tank in its home.

IMG_0277.jpeg

Old tank is now gone and the new one to be replacing it soon.

IMG_0280.jpeg

Not looking to bad in its new spot except its not big enough still. I wonder when she will approve of the next tank, I'm already feeling this isn't going to do it for me. Anyone know any aquascape experts?! IMO the worst part of this hobby as I am nowhere near as artistic as others, and lack a lot of the knowledge required for making this with coral placement in mind. I don't care though I will learn over time!

IMG_0287.jpeg

I had to move out of the way and let the wife take over this part, I'm sure i was somewhere outside throwing a fit like a 3 year old child inside of wal-mart because i didn't like the setup I had.
Trust me its better than what I had.

IMG_0290.jpeg

SURPRISE THESE PICS ARE OUT OF ORDER! Anyways got the lights on and you can see some more of the equipment that will be on this tank.
Now back to the scrambled story I'm trying to convey.

IMG_0303.jpeg

Oh my god,the cables are going to drive me insane!!!! They cant stay like this, next tank and stand will be custom accounting for cable management.

IMG_0305.jpeg

I bet you're looking at this pic thinking, Where is the aquascape or the substrate at right?! Dont worry the wife was saying the same thing, guess what I learned the rock goes in before the water!!!
Man, when will I ever start to listen to this woman who adores me so much?! One day babe, I promise!
It's okay we all start somewhere right? HAHA

IMG_0308.jpeg

If you've been reading along, you will notice my head is down in shame while I cement these rocks together. I'm sure my better half is still telling me I should have done this before adding the water, but I will never admit!!! (unless she sees this post and then I'm forced into submission that she was right......again)

BTW , E-Macro 400 is amazing I will forever use it in upcoming builds.

IMG_0319.jpeg

Rocks are going in, By this time I have learned from quite a few mistakes I have made along the way and wont be including them with my next build.

IMG_0315.jpeg

LOOK!!!! it's a rock inside a box of water! or should I say Waterbox HAHAH. Yes if you are reading this you have to deal with my corny jokes here and there.

IMG_0312.jpeg

Remember the mess of cables inside the cabinet earlier, well this is what i could figure out for now. It is better than before so its a step in the right direction at least,still not happy with it.
Oh well lets continue.

IMG_0357.jpeg

HEYYYY would you look at that! Thanks Waterbox for having such amazing customer service and telling me to seal it myself. Make note that the next tank will be from anywhere but them.
I do have to say they did help me with some other issues I had but I feel for a sump to leak and they say to seal it myself.. come on that's not right once water is in warranty is void?! How are we supposed to find small pinholes in a leak test without you know water, anyways all fixed and all good now!

IMG_0175.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

And of course I had to cycle the tank so lets call up my old dear friend Dr.Tim himself and get some of that good ole' ONE AND ONLY!
Just kidding this was at RAP california and I can say he is one of the nicest people I've met in this hobby!

IMG_0031.jpg

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post more later trying to get as close to current as possible, Again follow our instagram page as we will post there a little more frequently. IG:Reezasreef

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wife approves of my addiction, and allows the tank to come home she loves it too! Just getting started putting it together, was fairly simple and a decent build quality.

IMG_0257.jpeg

Small slowdown in the process, was worse than getting a damsel out of a tank.

IMG_0258.jpeg

Finally got her out of the stand after a tough fight, never the less stand is complete! And a few of the goodies running the tank are being brought out. Side note! NO WIVES WERE INJURED DURING THE CONSTRUCTION OF THIS TANK!

IMG_0275.jpeg

Now lets add some cheesy lights inside the stand for my own pleasure! Please spare me as this is my second tank ever lol

IMG_0262.jpeg

Man I really should have flipped this stand upside down to do this part. No I never did, I somehow managed to get my broad shoulders stuffed inside this small cabinet.

IMG_0264.jpeg

With the stand complete, I have started to get everything out of the old tank to remove it and place the tank in its home.

IMG_0277.jpeg

Old tank is now gone and the new one to be replacing it soon.

IMG_0280.jpeg

Not looking to bad in its new spot except its not big enough still. I wonder when she will approve of the next tank, I'm already feeling this isn't going to do it for me. Anyone know any aquascape experts?! IMO the worst part of this hobby as I am nowhere near as artistic as others, and lack a lot of the knowledge required for making this with coral placement in mind. I don't care though I will learn over time!

IMG_0287.jpeg

I had to move out of the way and let the wife take over this part, I'm sure i was somewhere outside throwing a fit like a 3 year old child inside of wal-mart because i didn't like the setup I had.
Trust me its better than what I had.

IMG_0290.jpeg

SURPRISE THESE PICS ARE OUT OF ORDER! Anyways got the lights on and you can see some more of the equipment that will be on this tank.
Now back to the scrambled story I'm trying to convey.

IMG_0303.jpeg

Oh my god,the cables are going to drive me insane!!!! They cant stay like this, next tank and stand will be custom accounting for cable management.

IMG_0305.jpeg

I bet you're looking at this pic thinking, Where is the aquascape or the substrate at right?! Dont worry the wife was saying the same thing, guess what I learned the rock goes in before the water!!!
Man, when will I ever start to listen to this woman who adores me so much?! One day babe, I promise!
It's okay we all start somewhere right? HAHA

IMG_0308.jpeg

If you've been reading along, you will notice my head is down in shame while I cement these rocks together. I'm sure my better half is still telling me I should have done this before adding the water, but I will never admit!!! (unless she sees this post and then I'm forced into submission that she was right......again)

BTW , E-Macro 400 is amazing I will forever use it in upcoming builds.

IMG_0319.jpeg

Rocks are going in, By this time I have learned from quite a few mistakes I have made along the way and wont be including them with my next build.

IMG_0315.jpeg

LOOK!!!! it's a rock inside a box of water! or should I say Waterbox HAHAH. Yes if you are reading this you have to deal with my corny jokes here and there.

IMG_0312.jpeg

Remember the mess of cables inside the cabinet earlier, well this is what i could figure out for now. It is better than before so its a step in the right direction at least,still not happy with it.
Oh well lets continue.

IMG_0357.jpeg

HEYYYY would you look at that! Thanks Waterbox for having such amazing customer service and telling me to seal it myself. Make note that the next tank will be from anywhere but them.
I do have to say they did help me with some other issues I had but I feel for a sump to leak and they say to seal it myself.. come on that's not right once water is in warranty is void?! How are we supposed to find small pinholes in a leak test without you know water, anyways all fixed and all good now!

IMG_0175.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

And of course I had to cycle the tank so lets call up my old dear friend Dr.Tim himself and get some of that good ole' ONE AND ONLY!
Just kidding this was at RAP california and I can say he is one of the nicest people I've met in this hobby!

IMG_0031.jpg

Great story of your setup! Always good to see spouses involved.

Fishfishfishfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I also had trouble with Waterbox customer support. The bulkheads they sent with the tank had hairline fractures that leaked, and the ATO was completely missing. Definitely did not leave me singing their praises.

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I also had trouble with Waterbox customer support. The bulkheads they sent with the tank had hairline fractures that leaked, and the ATO was completely missing. Definitely did not leave me singing their praises.
Yeah, I mean overall I'm happy with the decision but my future build. Well, it will either be a custom build or a Red Sea. They wont ever get another penny from me. I took a chance with the cheaper company and the old adage "you get what you pay for" came to mind when dealing with them.

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An old pic not current but man I loved that foxface! he is in a bigger tank now as I had nowhere to house him while setting up the new one.

IMG_0214.jpeg

OP
OP
Reeza

Reeza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally getting some corals in here after the cycle, still struggling figuring out the flow of the tank. Has to be one of the hardest for me so far, no good solid info on it (wink,wink) unless someone has a link

56428818399__1053E8BB-1B9F-4789-B42E-743789B47E20.JPG

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back