Ref Flux question

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added Reef Flux to my aquarium today, but 3 hours after adding it, I realized I had left my skimmer on - its turned off now. I put the flux in my dt not sump because my dt has the highest flow. Do I have to restart adding the flux? It'd be a shame because its expensive. I have 2 or 3 capsules remaining - maybe should I just add those to make up for those that were lost (if they even were) to the skimmer? Is it too fast for the skimmer to have eradicated the flux? Thanks..
1660276416846.png

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are treating for bryopsis you could wait 3 days. If after the 3 days you are not seeing any change add another and repeat until you get the results you want.
bryopsis and GHA. Ill wait and if it wont work I will repeat.

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added Reef Flux to my aquarium today, but 3 hours after adding it, I realized I had left my skimmer on - its turned off now. I put the flux in my dt not sump because my dt has the highest flow. Do I have to restart adding the flux? It'd be a shame because its expensive. I have 2 or 3 capsules remaining - maybe should I just add those to make up for those that were lost (if they even were) to the skimmer? Is it too fast for the skimmer to have eradicated the flux? Thanks..
1660276416846.png
just realized i wrote the title wrong sorry

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that the skimmer couldn't have removed a significant amount of fluconazole in that short period of time. Depending on your tank size, it wouldn't hurt to add another capsule or two if it makes you feel more comfortable. The dosage isn't an exact science, and many members increase the dosage significantly over recommendations without ill effects.

I personally would wait one week. If you don't start seeing results, I would add 1/3 dose more reef flux and restart the clock. Of course, every change we make to our tanks comes with risk, so I would monitor your coral's reaction, as well as parameters, and be prepared for a water change if necessary.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bryopsis and GHA. Ill wait and if it wont work I will repeat.
The changes you’ll see first are with the bryopsis, they will start turning grey and then white before they die off for good. GHA will take almost 2 weeks before they start declining. Good luck!

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that the skimmer couldn't have removed a significant amount of fluconazole in that short period of time. Depending on your tank size, it wouldn't hurt to add another capsule or two if it makes you feel more comfortable. The dosage isn't an exact science, and many members increase the dosage significantly over recommendations without ill effects.

I personally would wait one week. If you don't start seeing results, I would add 1/3 dose more reef flux and restart the clock. Of course, every change we make to our tanks comes with risk, so I would monitor your coral's reaction, as well as parameters, and be prepared for a water change if necessary.
Thank you for the response. I will add the remaining capsules for peace of mind.

mzurla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran my skimmer during my treatment but without the collection cup to help with oxygenation. Once I was done treating I put the cup back on and the skimmer was going nuts and would immediately overflow so I had to connect a.drainage tube and have freshly mixed water to top off for a bit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.8%
Back