Refractometer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to make sure I lee my salinity at exactly 1.026 so I need a refractometer. I want a good quality one but don't want to spend too much. There are some on Amazon for $30 with good reviews and free 2 day shipping. BRS has one on sale right now for $24.99 that looks good. Or should I just spend the $120 and go digital. Anyone have a digital and love it? I really care about two things Accuracy and Quality. I love quality made products that last. What is the accuracy between a refractometer and a digital one?

Thank you! Hope the Xmas party went well I missed you all!
 
buy any type if you ask me. Just make sure you have calibration fluid and test/calibrate your Refractometer Every time you use it.
 
Go for the brs one since it comes with calibration fluid it's the one I use. The only thing I don't like about it is if you drop it in water it's done. I dropped mine in my rodi bucket and it sucked in water and had to get a new one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new