Refugium for nano-reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter deepghosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

deepghosh

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I have a JBJ 30 Rimless nano reef. I am thinking of adding a modified Aquaclear 30 as a HOB refugium on my tank. I do not intend to add any macro algae or additional light as there are no excess nutrients (I'm running a Phosban 150 reactor). My main goal for the fuge would be to breed copepods and other organisms. My question is, do I have to use macro algae to grow a successful copepod population? If not, what should I put in the fuge?

Thanks
 
If your planning on growing out Pods, then yes, you'd need macro algae in there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new