Refugium ideas for Red Sea Reefer?

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Red Sea Reefer 250 for Christmas and I've already figured out the sump is too small to include a refugium (which I'd like to have). I was thinking of adding one to the side of the sump. Anyone have any experience doing this? Pictures? Ideas?

I was thinking of making a custom glass tank and either making it taller than the sump or raising it on a platform so that I can use gravity to move the water back into the sump. I'd either need a small pump or some creative plumbing to get water flowing INTO the refugium.

sump feb 18 17.jpg
 
A simple T off the return with a valve will suffice just make it taller and use a return pipe on the other end of the refugium to spill back into your sump. And that's quite the Christmas present, lucky you !
 
If you want head over to Lifereefs website, if you look at Jeff's refugium's you can get some idea's there. Just a thought his set up sounds like what you are looking for
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new