Refugium in a ULNS

somerandomguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started the aqauforest system in my 90 gallon mixed reef...i was wondering if using a large refugium would have any serious advantages over using the zeolitic media reactor that is recommended...i currently have no refugium established and i slowly working my nitrates down...i am currently at less than 5...any thoughts or previous experiences are appreciated

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have started the aqauforest system in my 90 gallon mixed reef...i was wondering if using a large refugium would have any serious advantages over using the zeolitic media reactor that is recommended...i currently have no refugium established and i slowly working my nitrates down...i am currently at less than 5...any thoughts or previous experiences are appreciated
how low do you want your nitrates to be

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is that if you're going to use a set system, it's best to follow it completely :) Maybe you're going to figure out that using a refugium with the AF system works wonders, but maybe you'll have nothing but trouble.

Not saying it won't work though :p

OP
OP
somerandomguy

somerandomguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how low do you want your nitrates to be
Im shooting for 1 or 0, i want to keep some more SPS than i currently have, I am feeding the LPS regularly and dosing amino acids to compensate for the low levels of nitrate and phosphate

OP
OP
somerandomguy

somerandomguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is that if you're going to use a set system, it's best to follow it completely :) Maybe you're going to figure out that using a refugium with the AF system works wonders, but maybe you'll have nothing but trouble.

Not saying it won't work though :p
There is only one way to find out

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im shooting for 1 or 0, i want to keep some more SPS than i currently have, I am feeding the LPS regularly and dosing amino acids to compensate for the low levels of nitrate and phosphate
Then a refugium will be very helpful for sure. I don’t think you can bring levels that low with reactor only

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back