Refugium Light Blinders?

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - after having searched for a while and not found anything, I was wondering what people are using for light blinders with their refugium grow lights. I'm not looking for ideas on blacking out equipment and other stuff like that - not interested. Presently I've just been using aluminum foil to deflect off of my skimmer since my sump is too small, but i will have a dedicated chamber in the future.

Aluminum foil is fine but just looks cheesy...and after a while you have to swap it out as the salt eats away at it.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still have to do this with mine, i'm going to use 1/8 or 1/4 plastic sheet and cut to fit from front to back in the stand, blocking the light on both sides. so for me 2 sheets about 18 x 15 inches.

OP
OP
Clueless_Reefer

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it - It would be really nice if there was a simple assembly that these light manufacturers would make which was a hood that could clip onto their light, similar to like what photography lights have.

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use corrugated plastic sheets. Depending on your light, you may need to drill some holes, or get creative with hooks.

I checked to make sure the aluminum channels on my lights were hollow before I drilled for the hooks here.

img_1164-jpg.1948837

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back