Refugium light

  • Thread starter Thread starter authentic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2012
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
882
Location
coral springs florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am trying to grow chaeto and have been looking for what people refer to as a 6500k light.I have been to multiple stores and can't seem to find a bulb in this range.presently using a home Depot swirl type fluorescent that doesn't seem to be doing much.
 
There are many threads on the matter and everybody has their own favorite.
This is mine, from Lowes. Along with adding some extra flow in my refugium area and this light, my chaeto growth is great.



 
I use two of these bulbs
B51816BA-6F17-4804-8E27-8842F8FB02A2_zpstbfv7bnh.png

And two of these
6FE1907F-F92D-47F1-834C-3A76927DD8A8_zpsulzdawnu.png


One on each side of my 65gal refugium. Added some nice flow as stated above and macro took off. I think I paid $7 each for the bulbs too
 
Good flow is just as or even more important than light in my experience. Always kept chaeto alive. Never had it grow much until hitting it directly with maxi jet. Now it grows like crazy!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new