Refugium Noob

  • Thread starter Thread starter tlowery070
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tlowery070

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
64
Reaction score
34
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a 90 gallon fowlr tank and basically no nothing about sumps/refugiums.

I basically have a stand a tank and a sump.

Plz help.
55323a0cb7b54c9b7efa421a63601ddc.jpg
 
I don't use sumps but hang on a second and I will point you in the right direction my friend
 
And welcome to reef2reef!
 
Oh wait, your in the right area, I thought there would be a sticky I could point you to. Is the tank you have drilled? Next step would be setting up your plumbing. Someone will be along either tonight or tomoro to help get you started. Sorry I couldn't do much. Good luck!
 
Do you have the plumbing with it also?
 
I'll call the cavalry. @reef Squad,
 
Stupid phone won't capitalize the R!!!!! One more time lol. @reef Squad,
 
Haha you almost had it, its # not @ :P [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] should eb able to help out
Ah man! That's right!! I feel retarded lol. Anyways, I tried to help but don't know much about setting it up so I called you guys in.....or tried to but failed, so I called the leader of reef squad lol. Thanks @Shep
 
Welcome to R2R!!! If you look around the members tanks section you will be able to get some good ideas for plumbing. Do you have the internal parts for the overflow and bulkheads? If not that's a good place to start. Most standard RR tanks use a 1" bulkhead for the drain and 3/4" for the return. After that it's a matter of running the drain to the drain section of the sump and plumbing the return to the return bulkhead.
 
Working on a 90 gallon fowlr tank and basically no nothing about sumps/refugiums.

I basically have a stand a tank and a sump.

Plz help.
55323a0cb7b54c9b7efa421a63601ddc.jpg
What do you need help with? I recently started up a 150 gallon FOWLR with a 30 gallon sump. What equipment do you already have?
 
I have the plumbing in the black part of the tank and that is it
 
So you have your pipng for the overflows. You.need the rest of your plumbing to start piecing things together.
 
Nevermind lol it wont capitalize for me either
Lol shep helped me out with it. It's cause we were doing it wrong. It's # reefsquad. But thanks man lol
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new