REFUGIUM OUTSIDE, POSITIVE ADVICE

It will be connected to DT, where I live gets pretty hot, will have chiller
I suspect that your refugium biomass will be mostly sessile algae, not phytoplankton even if it’s inoculated as such. I don’t know of a way to culture phytoplankton in a mixed species system, heterotrophs will certainly eat the phyto. Pure cultures of phyto with F/2 ferts is likely your best bet. Is this for your dendros, etc?
 
I suspect that your refugium biomass will be mostly sessile algae, not phytoplankton even if it’s inoculated as such. I don’t know of a way to culture phytoplankton in a mixed species system, heterotrophs will certainly eat the phyto. Pure cultures of phyto with F/2 ferts is likely your best bet. Is this for your dendros, etc?
Yes, for dendronephthya colonies. If I feed F/2, will it effect water perimeters or creatures (dendro's)?
 
I suspect that your refugium biomass will be mostly sessile algae, not phytoplankton even if it’s inoculated as such. I don’t know of a way to culture phytoplankton in a mixed species system, heterotrophs will certainly eat the phyto. Pure cultures of phyto with F/2 ferts is likely your best bet. Is this for your dendros, etc?
May need to feed Phyto-Feast and use refugium to try grow phytoplankton and dose(small amounts) if I get good culture going
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new