Refugium Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtcplumb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jtcplumb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
4
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon reef and fish display tank with a RS Eshopp sump in basement. I want to add a tank for refugium and would like some input on what to use and what do I need to do so. I am thinking a 55 or 75 gallon tank. Do I buy a reef ready tank or simple one and drill holes and put some bulk heads in it ? Do you need baffles in it or just open and add algae Any body have diagram on how it should look ? Do I need pump to pump what from sump to refugium or just put higher and gravity ??
 
I put my refugium above my display tank so it can gravity feed into,the display. That way and pods go straight to my display without getting chopped up in the pump. :)

Basically I have a pump in my sump that pumps up to the fuge.
I still need to get a bunch of different macro algae to put in there. Right now it's just a tank with live rock ;p
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new