Refugium question......

schmoore89

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
7
Location
Branson, Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newis tank been up and running for 2 months now. Have a refugium with macro algae growing in it. Have miracle mud and everything seemed to be running fine. Within the past week I have noticed this algae growing in the sump. No where else do I see this algae growing. Please help..... don't know if it's good bad. I just don't know.

20151111_113334.jpg


20151111_113139.jpg
 
I can't say for sure it is your issue, but miracle mud when I tried it created a lot of nuissance algae issues in a tank that was very established to the point of being what I call on auto pilot, rarely needed even cleaning.
I removed the mud and problems went away.
I will agree many new tanks do have issues until they balance out, could simply be that, hard to say.
 
Put chaeto in your fuge with a light running opposite the dt it will eat up the nutrients that feed it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new