Refugium Roids

OnePuffMan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
51
Location
Chicagoland
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Refugium Roids on the @CopepodsForSale website and would like to hear of anyone's experience. My phosphates are always around 0.1 and never seem to move, but I can never get chaeto to grow in my tank. They don't really die; they just don't get any larger. I have plenty of flow, a GLO light (tried anywhere from 8 to 12 hours), so I am wondering if something like this will help.

I will say that my tank is happy and everything seems happy, so it might not be worth it, but I might be interested to try.
 
Dose iron
I agree.

I just have a wad of chaeto in a soap dish in DT (((no sump))) but it's been alive for 5+ years across a couple of tanks.
I definitely have to pull and chuck hunks more often when I'm dosing iron. (I just use cheap Fergon knock-off from Amazon based on one of Randy's DIY recipes).
*that's just from observation but I'm pretty convinced (for my tank anyway)

There's obviously more possibilities than that but simple/cheap to try.
ICP test would be nice but, in lieu of that...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new