Refugium

Betta-Chetta

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
207
Reaction score
23
Location
Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of refugium system would work for a standard 29 gallon and would be able to fit under the stand?
 
what are the dim. of the inside of the stand that the refugium will sit in? What are you planning on putting in the refugium? skimmer??
 
it depends on what you are looking to do IMO...like mentioned if you are looking to also implement a sump set-up you would want something big enough with chambers that can fit all of your equipment items including a fuge. You may want to consider something like a trigger system cube sump...
http://www.triggersys.com/test/sump-vs-elite-vs-cube/
 
it depends on what you are looking to do IMO...like mentioned if you are looking to also implement a sump set-up you would want something big enough with chambers that can fit all of your equipment items including a fuge. You may want to consider something like a trigger system cube sump...
http://www.triggersys.com/test/sump-vs-elite-vs-cube/
you can also do a DIY version if your handy....im sure there are a few sump diy threads on here that you can get tips from
 
If your not planning on keeping any specialized feeders such as a mandarin then I think you would be better off just buying an efficient skimmer and call it a day. KISS, GL.
 
Well I have a hang on refugium but I hate that I can't fill up the tank all the way and also it splashes to much. The under neath is very limited due to it being a stand that is over 20 years old. It's mostly able to hold a big canister filter but that's it. I'll post a picture when I get home so yall can see what I am talking about
 
This is my diy 20g tall sump

image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new